Toys R Us
pillow pets are in stock

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Why We Love the Leapfrog Learning DVDs

Are you a parent who is interested in educating your child at home? If you are, you may want to take the time to examine the LeapFrog Learning DVDs. All videos in this set are educational in more ways than most parents can imagine.

For Christmas 2006, I purchased my daughter the 4-Pack of LeapFrog DVDs. The DVDs included in the set where:

Leap Frog - Letter Factory
Leap Frog - Talking Words Factory
Leap Frog - Talking Words Factory 2 - Code Word Caper
Leap Frog - Math Circus

I originally only wanted to purchase the Letter Factory educational DVD, but the price for the whole set was just too good to pass up. Although each of these educational DVDs are great, the Letter Factory one is my favorite. I can’t explain how much it taught my daughter, who had just turned three at the time she started using it.

The LeapFrog Letter Factory DVD teaches children’s the sounds that the letters make. This was a task I tired to do on my own, but my daughter just wasn’t excited enough. With that in mind, her excitement about learning the sounds that her letters made skyrocketed with this great DVD.

When watching this DVD with your child, you will find that each letter is assigned their own training room. In this room, unique tools are used to teach each letter the sound its makes. For example, the “C Room,” is cold and filled with snow, the letter Cs are shivering and they say “C-c-c-c-old.” This unique approach was fun and exciting for my daughter.

There is also a learning game that the end of the DVD that can be played with the remote. This game encourages your child to choose a letter once they hear a sound.

As a parent, I cannot recommend these LeapFrog DVDs enough, especially the one that is titled the Letter Factory.

No comments: