Toys R Us
pillow pets are in stock

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I’ve Been Replaced... Sort Of

If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you may already know that my boyfriend had an accident at work. He broke his foot. He was told that he would be out of work for about four months. At the moment, I am the only one working and my work is definitely not enough to support us all for the time being, so I have been working like crazy. This has resulted in my boyfriend caring for our daughter a lot during the day.

Anyways, he has been doing the “preschool,” stuff with her. I was so excited because I thought that he was really stepping up to the plate and helping a lot. So, today, I decided that I wanted to work with our daughter and spend a little bit of quality time with her. I said “honey, you want to learn now?” Her response was “I think that I want to learn with daddy today!” I think that is really great, well just because it is, but at the same time I am a little bit sad. The learning stuff was always something that we did together.

We actually ended up doing everything, playing a game and doing a few worksheets, all together. It was fun. I actually hope that it continues this way, even just for a little while, because it was really nice spending some “real,” quality time together.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

That is bitter sweet. It's hard when daddy is choses over us, but at least it shows us that there is a strong connection between father and child. My daughter has started to choose daddy over me all the time. I just have to smile and be thankful that she has such a wonderful father.

VBACAdventure.com