Toys R Us
pillow pets are in stock

Monday, April 23, 2007

Preschool Workbook Reviews: Pre-K Workbooks



A while back, I did quite a few preschool workbook reviews and I am back with a few more. I would like to review two workbooks that I bought from my local Dollar Tree store. I haven’t seen them elsewhere before, but quite a few of our local Dollar Tree stores have them still and yours might as well.

The preschool workbooks that I would to review are referred to as Homework Workbooks from the Good Grades Fun Learning System. Each of these workbooks are published by the Clever Factory.

What I like most about these workbooks is that they are a little bit smaller is size, but not too much. Of course, I mean smaller in actual size, not necessarily the pages as there are still quite a few; 64 in each to be exact. The insides are actually very colorful! You may be able to tell that just by looking at the covers of the books in the pictures above. The covers were actually what drew me in and I had to have these for my daughter after I go a look at the insides.

One of the workbooks that we have is titled “First Words,” and it is for the Pre-K level. The “First Words,” workbook has pages that focus on the letters. The pages have pictures for you to color and words for your child to trace and write on their own. In the back of the workbook, there are other activities where you can match items to their beginning letters and so forth.

The other workbook that I would like to review is titled “Letters and Writing.” This workbook is also for the Pre-K level, although preschoolers can often use it as well. The “Letters and Writing,” workbook is also filled with may fun focused activities, like ABC connect to dots, coloring by letters (which reminds me of paint by numbers) and so forth.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I like the idea of "homework" for pre-K. I remember when I was little (preschool-2nd grade) I wanted homework in the worst way! I couldn't wait for my first assignment. These workbooks are great for kids who want some "homework" when their brothers and sisters are working on their own.