Toys R Us
pillow pets are in stock

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Preparing Your Child for Preschool – Doodle Pad


One tool that we regularly use in our home is a Doodle Pad. What I like about the Doodle Pad is that it can double as a fun toy and an educational one.

In our home, we have used the Doodle Pad to practice learning numbers, counting, learning letters, and saying the ABCs. Right now, my daughter is using her Doodle Pad to learn how to read and write. I write out a three letter words for her to read and she does, but she likes like tracing the letters on the Doodle Pad.

Another thing that I like about using a Doodle Pad is that is clean and mess-free. You can use paper and other items to practice reading and writing, but the Doodle Pad is nice if you suddenly decide to work on something with your child or if you don’t want to have to clean up a mess when you are done.

The Doodle Pad that we own is the “real,” kind, lol I guess that is what you would call it, from Fisher Price. I have also seen more affordable versions at many stores, including Wal-Mart.

No comments: