Toys R Us
pillow pets are in stock

Monday, April 28, 2008

Preparing Your Child for Preschool and Kindergarten: Computer Skills

I was surprised to see computer skills listed on the curriculum list for my local elementary school’s kindergarten program. Although my daughter already knows how to use a computer, I was just surprised to see it there. I don’t think that I learned how to use a computer in school until at least 2nd or 3rd grade.

If you are like me, who is a parent that lets your child play preschool games on the computer, your child may already have a lot of computer skills. Personally, I am amazed with how easy it is for my daughter, who is four, to type her name on the computer or use the mouse.

Of course, the decision to allow your child to use the computer at home is your decision to make. If you are uncomfortable with letting your child use the internet, preschool computer games can also be purchased. My daughter also likes it when I open up a blank window for Microsoft Word. She loves typing her name and just pushing the keys in general.

No comments: