Toys R Us
pillow pets are in stock

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Preparing Your Child for Preschool: Leaf Collection

In many areas of the United States, the leaves are starting to change colors and fall. If you live in one of these areas, you may want to use this as an opportunity to start a leaf collection with your child.

Today, my daughter and I went for a walk and we used her Dora Backpack to collect leaves. It started out a little bit rough, as my three year old wanted to pick up each leaf that we came across. Soon, her toy was filled with them. We regrouped and reorganized and at the end of our adventure and we ended up with a nice collection of leaves.

Tomorrow, we plan on doing a few projects with our collected leaves. I am still coming up with ideas tonight, but, hopefully, I will have some pictures to upload and share tomorrow.

No comments: